Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A SAD DAY FOR THE LOCAL PRESS

Today marked Colin McEnroe's final day at what has been Connecticut's flagship station- WTIC-AM, 1080. Management's decision to take him off the air is quite sad- He is witty, literate, well versed in a wide array of topics and, quite frankly, one of the few radio personalities capable of engaging in an in depth exploration of religious topics.

I turn 56 on Friday----and I find myself lately doing my share of moaning about the way things were, but I have to say that when local radio loses so great a gift as Colin McEnroe, local radio ceases to be what it could be and, dare I say, once was.

If a station's going to carry Rush Limbaugh, nationally syndicated and conservative ( though I know several conservatives who disavow him!), why not a progressive voice, who happens to be LOCAL.....?

It's a real loss..

THANK YOU COLIN MCENROE for what you have given Connecticut...

PB

No comments: