Sunday, September 27, 2009

FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.............

At church, I am right in the middle of a sermon series on FAMILY VALUES. In today's message, I alluded to many passages from the Bible, some that members of the congregation said they had never heard read in church. It struck me again, as it always does, that the Bible is an amazing and complex collection of 66 books containing texts which have the power to change our lives and to express the inner longings of our hearts and souls.

As a Pastor, I am constantly reminded of the continued need for good and thorough Bible study as well as study of the essentials and fundamentals of both our own and other religious faiths. I have commented before on how deeply I have valued the writing RELIGIOUS LITERACY by Stephen Prothero. Such literacy is needed more than ever, I think, both within our churches and within our world.

THANKS to those who attended today's Education program and who commented on today's message. May we continue to grow in our knowledge.....and our faith-

PB

No comments: