Friday, April 3, 2009

With thanks for my Catholic childhood

Though many years back, I made a decision in my heart and soul to leave the Roman Catholic Church, I remain deeply grateful for the life I lived within it. Perhaps at no time do I feel it more deeply than when we enter into HOLY WEEK each year. In my Catholic boyhood, there was a sense of SACRED TIME about HOLY WEEK, a sense i have never lost and one which I have learned that Protestant Christians so deeply value and claim.

I'll talk about that a little bit in church this Sunday, but for now, I will just say that the sense of sacred time and space is so vital to the religious experience and most assuredly to our life expressions as followers of Jesus.

My Catholic childhood drew me closer to what Jesus did for me and God's world during that first holy Week~~and for that, I feel I shall be eternally grateful...

I'd be happy to explain more...

PB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.geomaticsoman.com/ - ambien no prescription
What is insomnia? It is described as a disorder in sleeping which usually is the inability to sleep at night.
[url=http://www.geomaticsoman.com/]purchase ambien[/url]
• Danger of falling accidentally and having injuries are common to elderly taking Ambien.
ambien price
Insomnia can be illustrated as waking up too early in the morning, feeling tired after a night’s sleep, difficulty in falling asleep, and difficulty in staying asleep.